Internet Terms & Conditions
You agree to follow and be bound by the following terms and conditions and that they will apply to any and all orders you place with Lawsons Outdoor. Each order is a separate legally binding contract. Please take the time to carefully read our terms and conditions so that you’re sure you understand them. If any aspect of our terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court it will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
- - "You" or "Your" means the person named in the order to whom we are supplying the goods
- "We", "Us" or "Our" means Lawsons Outdoor,
- "Order" means your order for the goods;
- "Goods" means all products listed in the order;
- "Delivery" means the delivery of the goods to the delivery address specified in the order.
This “Contract” these Terms and Conditions and the terms of the relevant Order that is accepted by Supplier;
- “Customer” the customer of Supplier
- “Liability” has the meaning given to it
- “Order” the request by Customer to Supplier for the provision of particular products; “Party” Customer or Supplier
- “Price” the price payable by Customer to Supplier for the supply by Supplier of the Products, as stipulated in Supplier’s written published price list or as otherwise agreed by Supplier in writing
- “Products” any of Supplier’s products provided or to be provided by Supplier to Customer pursuant to this Contract
- “Supplier” Lawsons Outdoor Limited, a company registered in England under number 10689436 whose registered office is at 1st Floor 23 Princes Street, London, United Kingdom, W1B 2LX References to “Clauses” are to clauses of these Terms and Conditions
- Headings are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation or construction of this Contract
- Words imparting the singular shall include the plural and vice versa. Words imparting a gender shall include the other gender and the neutral and references to persons shall include an individual, company, corporation, firm or partnership
- References to “includes” or “including” or like words or expressions shall mean without limitation
- References to any statute or statutory provision shall include any subordinate legislation made under it, any provision which it has modified or re-enacted (whether with or without modification) and any provision which subsequently supersedes it or re-enacts it (whether with or without modification); and
- References to “written” or in “writing” (except in respect of sending a notice in accordance with Clause 10)
- includes in electronic form.
- An email confirmation of your order will be sent automatically and, unless you are otherwise notified within 48 hours of this confirmation, the order will be deemed to be accepted by Lawsons Outdoor.
- The terms of this Contract apply to the exclusion of any terms and conditions submitted, proposed or stipulated by Customer. These Terms and Conditions apply to Supplier’s supply of all Products. The giving by Customer of any delivery instruction or the acceptance by Customer of delivery of the Products shall constitute unqualified acceptance by Customer of these Terms and Conditions.
Save as expressly provided herein, this Contract (together with any documents referred to in it) shall operate to the entire exclusion of any other agreement, understanding or arrangement of any kind between the Parties hereto preceding the date of this Contract and in any way relating to the subject matter of this Contract and to the exclusion of any representations not expressly stated herein save for any fraudulent misrepresentations or any misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter. Each Party acknowledges that it has not entered into this Contract based on any representation that is not expressly incorporated into this Contract.
3.1 This Contract (together with any documents referred to in it) constitutes the whole agreement and understanding of the Parties as to the subject matter hereof and there are no provisions, terms, conditions or obligations, whether oral or written, express or implied, other than those contained or referred to herein.
3.2 Measurements in Supplier’s brochures or materials are approximate so as to give a rough idea of size and dimensions. The manufacturer may make reasonable changes to the Products.
3.3 Supplier shall make chain of custody certificated materials available upon request, provided that Customer clearly and unambiguously requests them at the time of placing the Order. It is the Customer’s responsibility to retain any relevant documentation detailing the volumes of chain of custody certificated materials supplied by Supplier. It is the Customer’s responsibility to inform the Supplier of any discrepancies between chain of custody ordered materials and those received / detailed on the Supplier’s paperwork, and request the relevant amendment within 3 days of placing the order. Following Customer’s written request, Supplier shall make available a copy of its chain of custody certificates.
3.4 Supplier’s agents shall not have authority to amend, vary, exclude or add to these Terms and Conditions unless authorised in writing by a director of Supplier.
3.5 Unless Supplier indicates a contrary method of acceptance, this Contract shall be legally formed and the Parties shall be legally bound when Supplier unequivocally communicates its agreement to Customer’s Order. Any quotation by Supplier shall be an invitation to treat and not capable of acceptance by the Customer’s Order.
3.6 It is Customer’s responsibility to ensure that all information supplied by it is complete and accurate. Customer shall ensure that the Order and the particular Products meet its particular requirements.
3.7 Once a Contract is legally binding, any cancellation of it is subject to the other Party in its absolute discretion giving its written agreement.
3.8 Each Order constitutes a separate contract. There may be more than one contract between the Parties in force at the same time as this Contract.
- Risk & Ownership
- Responsibility for and ownership of the goods passes to you once they are delivered or collected.
- The samples you receive may vary from the example pictures on shown on our website. The actual colour of the sample(s) sent to you may differ as your monitor may display colours differently to how the physical sample appears. The grain may also differ as a result of the manufacturing process for each sample board.
- Events Outside Our Control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform our obligations under the order that is caused by events outside our reasonable control. These include (without limitation) the following:
- delays caused by one of our suppliers;
- strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- fire, explosion, storm, flood, snow or other natural disaster;
- unavailability of shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport; or unavailability of public or private telecommunications networks.
Our obligations under these terms and conditions are suspended for the period that such events continue and we will have an extension of time to perform these obligations for the duration of that period.
- Limitation of Liability
- We do not accept any responsibility for damage to your property during delivery other than damage due to our negligence when our liability is limited to your direct costs to repair that damage. Our total liability in connection with or arising from the order, whether in negligence or otherwise, shall be limited to the value of the goods. We shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential losses, costs or expenses in connection with or arising out of the order. Whilst we try to be as accurate as possible, all information provided is approximate and is provided in good faith. We have tried to display, as accurately as possible, the colours of our products that appear on this website, however, we cannot guarantee their accuracy. Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraud or any other liability which may not otherwise be limited or excluded under applicable law.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- If we have been unable to resolve your complaint for you, you may wish to use the Alternative Dispute Resolution Service. We are a full member of The Furniture Ombudsman. The Furniture Ombudsman is approved by the government to provide alternative dispute resolution services, ensuring that you have complete peace of mind when buying products and services from us. To find out more about the Furniture Ombudsman please visit www.thefurnitureombudsman.org
- Data Protection
- We are a registered data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and we will comply with the statutory requirements imposed on us to keep your personal data confidential and secure. We confirm that we are fully compliant with the Act. Your information will be used to process your order, deliver your goods and/or to handle any claims made under the guarantee. In order to do so we will need to disclose your personal data to selected third parties including a finance company when applicable.
- Contact Us
- For questions, requests to amend orders, requests to change delivery details, requests for refunds and all other queries you may contact us by:
- Email email@example.com
- Calling customer services on (0)203 026 0061
- Policy Disputes
- All policy disputes regarding these terms and condition will need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will usually look to respond to all policy disputes within seven working days.
- Fraud Prevention
- Lawsons Outdoor retains the right to investigate any order placed on this website. Any such order will not be delivered until it is proven that the order is bona fide. Should we be unable to prove that an order is bona fide or to contact the buyer then the monies will be refunded to the original payment card used and the order will be cancelled.
For your protection, to ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used fraudulently, we will validate your name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting our terms and conditions you consent to these checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. Please be assured that this is only done to confirm your identity.
A credit check is not performed and your credit rating will not be affected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with UK and European law. Disputes arising shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.