Lawsons Outdoor – Privacy & Security Policy
All transactions are secure as details that you send to us are encrypted and sent across a secure connection. You can see that the shopping cart and checkout is a secure area of our site because a padlock symbol or key will appear in the bottom of your browser. The encryption technique we use is certified by GoDaddy, one of the world's most respected certification body for internet firms. This means that the information you send us cannot be read by anyone other than the Lawsons Outdoor team. If you have any questions about your order, please contact us here.
Lawsons Outdoor retains the right to investigate any order placed on this website that it suspects to be fraudulent, any such order will not be delivered until it is proven that that the order is bona fide. Should Lawsons Outdoor be unable to prove that an order is bona fide or to contact the buyer then the monies will be refunded to the original payment method used to place the order and the order will be cancelled.
For your protection, to ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used fraudulently, we will validate your name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third-party databases. By accepting these Terms and Conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. Please be assured that this is only done to confirm your identity. A credit check is not performed and your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Monitoring telephone calls and emails
Telephone calls using the telephone numbers provided on this website and email correspondence with Lawsons Outdoor at the email address accessible through this site may be recorded or monitored. By using such communication methods, you are consenting to the recording or monitoring of the same.
We may also keep details of personal communication with you including but not limited to:
- Postal correspondence
- Telephone call recordings
- Live chat transcripts
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to our website and/or use of the Services (including without limitation your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your name, address, telephone number, email address and (if applicable) any payment details, such as bank account details);
- any other information which you provide to us or which you make available in connection with the use of the Services or any associated or related issues.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing. Third party services and offerings (if any) available on our website or via the Services are not under our control and you will be subject to separate rights and obligations in respect of any personal information you submit to them.
IP address & cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised Service. They enable us:
To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website and our Services according to your needs and interests.
To speed up your searches and enhance the website and/or the Services.
To recognise you when you return to our website.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies and/or certain types of cookies, including cookies which are not essential for the operation of our website. However, if you select this setting and disable cookies which are essential for the operation of our website, you may be unable to access all or certain parts of our website and/or our Services.
You will be given separate guidance on the deployment and use of essential and non-essential cookies when you first use our website or Services and you may elect at that stage to accept or reject certain types of cookies.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- to suppliers, agents or licensors in connection with the website and/or the Services;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Storage and transfer
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
When you give your personal information to us, we will process and use that data in accordance with our responsibilities under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and other relevant legislation.
You have the following rights relating to your personal information, you have the rights to:
- be informed about how your personal information is being used
- access the personal information we hold about you
- request a change to the personal information we hold about you
- request that we delete your data, stop collecting or processing it
- unsubscribe from marketing communications
- make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s office
You may request to unsubscribe from our communications or have your details changed or deleted by contacting here
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.